Friday, July 19, 2013

My New Eating Plan - Vemma Bod-e


As I started investigating how to find fit again, I became so confused over how to eat a proper diet -( not to be confused with dieting since I know that doesn't work. I am thinking long term life plan).  I know it's a basic system function of our bodies, yet with all the conflicting diet information out there I didn't know how or what I should eat.

Finding a New Way

While watching Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition, I saw the personal weight loss coach and trainer, Chris Powell. Well, he is a very handsome guy so I googled him to find out more about him. Wow!  I found out not only is he on EMWLE, but is regularly featured on the Dr. Oz show so I thought he was pretty ligit. In my search for more information, I came across his system he developed with Vemma for weight loss. I wasn't sold on the system at first since it contained a shake. I am leery of shake diets with short term success stories and not a lifelong eating plan. But, as I looked into the program, the shake is such a small portion of the program and it incorporates lots of whole foods in to the eating plan. Still not sure about this guy and his plan, I decided to read his book "Chose More, Lose More for Life". You can tell he is a motivator by his writing, but underneath all the pizzazz was an eating plan that made sense to me and looked good. So I jumped in and ordered the Vemma Bod-e Extreme Transformation Pack. ( 2 packages of Bod-e Shake mix, 24 cans Bod-e Burn, 7 cans Bod-e Cleanse) There is also an app for your smart phone to give you update and messages to eat. You don't have to order this plan, you can get the recipes and eating plan in his book, but I decided to give it a try.

Keeping the Demon Away

Basically the plan is a carb cycling plan to boost your metabolism and keep your body from adjusting to the same thing every day. The system has you eat every three hours to keep your blood sugar level even and prevent overeating at meals. The cleanse lasts only 7 days and is a digestive cleanse, not a trendy cleanse - boy does this cleanse work! ( plan to be around some facilities)  My kids were skeptical about this plan since I had tried a juice  (trendy) cleanse at one point. By noon the first day the kids were BEGGING me to eat something since I have blood sugar issues and if I don't keep them constant - some crazed demon possesses my body.

I have lost 5 pounds in about 3 weeks which I think is a healthy rate. Even though the scale doesn't register a huge loss, my clothes are already fitting much differently. I don't feel deprived or hungry, on the contrary, I feel really good. My food doesn't come in a package or from the cabinet but from the refrigerator. I eat lots of color and veggies now and little to no processed food ( aside from the shake mix). After seeing my results, Marc, my husband,  has now started the plan as well.

Here is what the plan looks like - Pretty straight forward.

Day 1 - Low Carb
Day 2  - Low Carb
Day 3 - High Carb
Day 4 - Low Carb
Day 5 - Low Carb
Day 6 - High Carb
Day 7 - FREE      ----------Yeeeayyyyyyyy! Free means anything you want ------------

Since I have a free day, I always know I can have something like mac and cheese, pizza or baked goods and not obsess about it all week.

I am sure this is a style of eating that I will continue for quite a while. It is easy, healthy and and doesn't exclude any food. It definitely feels like a plan not a "diet". So this is my eating plan to find fit.




Weekly Carb Cycle Schedule

For more information about Vemma Bod-e click the link on the right side bar. 

1 comment:

  1. Great to read about another crafter dealing with some of these issues... I've been following Jillian Michaels & Bob Harpers' exercise plans for awhile, but I really need to watch my food & find it so hard to avoid "bad carbs..." Best of luck. I'll be hanging by & trying to do the same, too!

    ReplyDelete