Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Fitness Pal

One of my favorite tools on my journey is My Fitness Pal. It is a free website that can help you track food, exercise and much more. I am amazed at the food data base. There is not a food that I have not found on this site and users can also add their own recipes for nutrition and calorie count.

I find that My Fitness Pal gives me a good idea of what I am putting into my body and how much I can/cannot eat. Sometimes I will just plug a food in to see if it keeps me in my calorie range. If it puts me over, I will change my plans.

Another favorite part of this site is the social media aspect. You can have friends, participate in all different sorts of forums such as General Diet and Weight Loss, Food and Nutrition, Fitness and Health, Motivation and Support and many many more. Some are just silly while others are serious. It's like having a personal support system right at your fingertips. It is also nice to converse with others on the same journey that I am on and see that we all have good and bad days.

Of course there is also the smartphone app that you can sync with your account to log food and exercise while away from home.

I will warn you that like other social media sites, you may spend a little too much time conversing with others and perusing the forums - but it is all good.  To connect to My Fitness Pal, click the picture on the right side bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment