Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Regrouping and Planning

Well I thought I was on my way to do a half marathon in March, but as I started investigating my race info, I realized I registered for the WRONG race - DOH! I accidentally registered for a race at the beginning of February. When I went to sign up for the CORRECT race in March , it was already closed. SO it was time to find another race and regroup.

Since it is almost March, I thought that waiting until May for my first race wasn't a bad idea.  I found a triathlon in San Diego May 4th. Now, I am back to multi-sport training instead of increasing my running distance. I found another plan on Beginner Triathlete and will use that until my first race. After the May 4th race, I am thinking I will start working on an Olympic distance plan to continue to build my endurance in all three sports.

I bought a cute little planner at Michaels, to keep as a training journal/planner. It is the Project Life planner by Becky Higgins. It is a perfect size and I spent my Sunday, mapping out my training and races for the year.

I ,of course,  put some decorative things in here. I actually found out about this planner through a Facebook planner group I belong to " We Love EC". We are somewhat planner addicts so this was an inexpensive fun purchase for me. I am looking forward to using it on my journey. 

 I had my first day back in the pool today. It was great to get back in the water, but I really need to find a larger pool to increase my distance and be able to track how far I am swimming. I think I will try Cal State long Beach on Friday.

Just keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment