Thursday, February 13, 2014

Plans for 2014

After my triathlon, I realized that I really need to build a much better aerobic base and push myself a little more. I know I will never be the front of the pack type of athlete, but I do want to do better.

For Christmas, my husband bought me a MIO heart rate monitor, I checked it out but what I really wanted was a Garmin 310xt.  To my surprise they were on sale after Christmas and I traded the heart rate monitor for the Garmin. Not only does this baby keep track of my heart rate, but it has a GPS system that tracks my run, bike and swim paces, calories burned, route, elevation gain and all sorts of interesting data. AWESOME! This has been a great tool to keep me tuned in to my speed and my heart rate (intensity).


Here is a thorough review and information on what the Garmin 310xt can do. DC RainMaker Garmin Review


I have found a mentor group on BeginnerTriathlete.com (BT) and am enjoying not only the great advice, but just discussing everyday training/ issues with this group of people. We were all encouraged to set our races for 2014 and I have done so starting with a Half Marathon in March - Yikes! I am definitely building up my running base, but know I will be a bit short for the Half Marathon. I am OK with that and will do what I can.

Here are my races for this year.

March - Huntington Beach Half Marathon
April - Napa Valley Triathlon ( maybe)
June - Redondo Beach Triathlon
July - June Lake triathlon
August - Long Beach Triathlon, Mammoth Mud Run
October - Seal Beach Triathlon
December - Palm Springs Triathlon

Now to hit the road. Sometimes I get discouraged knowing how far I have to go, but I need to keep reminding myself of where I was just 6 months ago. I need to just keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment