Monday, October 7, 2013

I am Still at It!

I haven't blogged for a few months but I am still working toward my goal and doing pretty well if I must say so.  With school, volleyball practices starting and fitting my training into my schedule, I have had little time to blog.

So here is a recap of the last couple of months

On August 17th our family entered our first obstacle 5K, the Foam Fest Run. It was such a blast! The obstacles went from dirt to foam to dirt to foam. The obstacles ranged from climbing walls, mud pits and a 50 ft slip and slide.  We now have a new family hobby. Here is a pic of Jake all foamy. He came in second overall in our heat.




The next weekend we drove up to Mammoth for the 3rd annual Mammoth Mud Run. We dressed as super heros as many people wear costumes for the race. Megan and I made the tutus which were easy and fun to run in.  Now THIS was a fantastic time. The weather was perfect and there was such a party atmosphere about the town for the event. This will become a definite Bilbao tradition. 


Some dirty shoes and tutus


Although, I came away with a souvenir that I wasn't planning on. A VERY sprained ankle. About 1/2 mile into the course I stepped on a rock and twisted my ankle. BUT I finished the race. The sprain put me off running for 3 weeks. I still kept to biking and swimming to stay on track for my Triathlon training. 


To see a fun video of the Mammoth Mud Run, click here. We are actually in the video for a nano second warming up with Tony Horton of P90X fame. Our next goal is to participate in a Zombie Run. ARRRRRR. 


If you want to try something fun and get some exercise, try an obstacle race. Check active.com or other racing websites for obstacle races in your area.





No comments:

Post a Comment