Monday, October 7, 2013

Getting the Support I Need

I am a couple months into training for my triathlon and getting back to the active person I once was. I would say that overall I am doing pretty well. I had a set back of a few weeks with the sprained ankle but am back to running again. My weight has not changed for about a month ( down 10 lbs), but I would say my body composition has. I have developed leg muscles once again and my arms are becoming toned. I even had to shop for some new clothes since my old jeans were too baggy on me. I still want to lose a bit more weight and get rid of the last of the back fat, but think I will hone in on that once I have finished my triathlon.

Being active again has been very rewarding on other ways. This weekend my husband and I took our dog out for an early morning jog. It was such a great way to start the day that we plan to do it each Sunday. The obstacle races have provided our family with an activity that we can all share and have fun doing together. My family has been very supportive of my efforts to get fit and it has provided us with healthy family fun.



I am so glad that at the beginning of my training I swtiched to Beginnertriathlete.com. The plan that I selected has been very straight forward and I can tell my aerobic capacity is increasing. It hasn't been hard to stick to this plan and I love all the tracking and data information on the site. I know what I have to do and get it done. I am becoming confident that I won't die during my upcoming triathlon:)

Even though the plan has been great, the best part about the website is the support and information that one can get from other triathletes in the community forum. I scan the boards multiple times a day and find so much information, encouragement and humor in the community. If I have a question, seasoned triathletes answer promptly with great advice.

Talking about support, the one thing that I have found that I am beyond thrilled with and could not train without is my....... sports bra - ha!

It is the Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer. I love this bra because it REALLY gives me the support I need and does not cause the dreaded mono-boob. I also like that it is not a racer back style and has the tradtional bras straps. I don't like how racer backs leave me with back fat hanging out the sides. YEK! The bra really keeps the girls in place when I run and is very comfortable. 

I have been getting support from many different sources websites, apps, my family even a great bra - and it has been wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Great new posts! And thx for tip on a good sports bra. Those are hard to find, and not an inexpensive or comfortable "experiment" when you don't get one that works well! I'll need to ck out the apps you're using to stay motivated on my biking/running attempts. Great job & getting the entire family together for the fun stuff too!

    ReplyDelete