Thursday, May 1, 2014

Getting Ready for Sunday - Spring Sprint Triathlon

It has been a bit difficult being consistent in my training lately due to my daughter's illness and an achilles injury, but I am trudging along. Due to my achilles issue, I have been focusing more on swimming and biking in order to keep my fitness level up. This Sunday, May 4th, I will participate in my second triathlon. I am getting a bit nervous.


My husband and I will travel down to San Diego on Saturday which should be a nice evening out for us.  Since I am just a few days away, I have begun packing for the race.

 On top of the triathlon checklist I downloaded, is a spot to write down 3 goals for the race. After a bit of thought,  here are mine:

- Get out of the water under, or as close as possible to 10 minutes
- Make sure I pee before the race to eliminate transition stops :) ( made that mistake during my first triathlon)
- Finish in the MOP ( middle of the pack)

Here are a few photos of my race preparation.

All my items collected on the bed.


SWIM

wetsuit, 2 pairs of goggles, chapstick, assigned swim cap, towel, and alcohol for post race ears -I will add a warm bottle of water to wash my feet off on the morning of the race

BIKE

jacket, helmet, water bottle, gatorade to mix into water bottle, fig newtons ( I don't like gels)

RUN

shoes and socks will be on for the bike section and my race shirt, shorts will be worn during the whole race. I just add my cap and run. 

I am hoping to do well in this race. I have one scheduled almost every month this summer and hope to move up to the Olympic distance in December. After this race and The Tour of Long Beach ( 30 mile bike ride) that I am completing next week, I will be increasing my training time in order to improve my race performances throughout the year. 

MY RACE SCHEDULE

MAY10th - Tour of Long Beach (30 mile ride)
JUNE 8 - Redondo Beach Triathlon
JULY 12 - June Lake Triathlon
AUGUST 17 - Long Beach Triathlon
SEPTEMBER - Need to find a race
OCTOBER - Seal Beach Triathlon
NOVEMBER  - training for first olympic distance
DECEMBER - Palm Springs Triathlon ( possible Olympic)

WISH ME LUCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment